Equity flows drop 78% in November 2019
SIP Champions
Equity flows dropped by 78% from Rs 6,026 crore in October 2019 to Rs 1,312 crore in November 2019 on account of profit booking by investors as markets reached a new peak.
85% of SIP inflows in November 2019 came via distributors
Retail Practice
Of Rs 8,373 crore collected through SIP in November 2019, 85% inflows came through distributors while the remaining 15% came via direct plans.
Slowdown in new IFA registration
Retail Practice
AMFI data shows that the industry has added just 605 new IFAs in November 2019, which is 42% decline from 1,047 new enrollments in November 2018.
2019 was a roller coaster year for advisers
Retail Practice
From clampdown on commissions to the debt fund defaults, distributors had their task cut out. Here we take a look at the game changing events that transpired in 2019 for distributors/advisers.
Do investors trust advice from algorithm?
Retail Practice
A Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR) conducted by Financial Conduct Authority economists reveals that investors tend to reject advice from an algorithm. While the survey was conducted in U.K. its findings are relevant for robo advisers in India.
©2019 Morningstar. All Rights Reserved. The Morningstar name and logo are registered marks of Morningstar, Inc. The information, data, analyses and opinions contained herein ("Information"): (1) include the confidential and proprietary information of Morningstar Inc. and/or Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited; (2) may not be copied, redistributed or used, by any means, in whole or in part, without prior, written consent of Morningstar; (3) are not warranted to be complete, accurate or timely; and (4) may be drawn from data published on various dates and procured from various sources. The Information or any part thereof may not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any particular security or any other financial instrument. Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited, its affiliates, and its officers, directors and employees are not liable/do not take any responsibility for any trading decisions/damages/other losses related to the Information or its use. Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited is registered with SEBI (Registration no. INA000001357) and provides investment advice and research. Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited has not been the subject of any disciplinary action by SEBI or any other legal/regulatory body. Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar Investment Management LLC, which is a part of the Morningstar Investment Management group of Morningstar, Inc. In India, Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited has only one associate, Morningstar India Private Limited, which provides data related services, financial data analysis, and software development. For disclaimers on any articles on the research or investment advice provided by Morningstar Investment Adviser India Private Limited, please refer to the relevant page in the newsletter.please click here to Unsubscribe.